1. How do I request equipment?
2. What if I need the equipment NOW?
- Equipment should be ordered by using the Order Equipment link on our website. If we have any questions we will contact you for more information.
3. What if I want to take the equipment off campus?
- We realize things happen and you may find yourself in need of equipment immediately. Just give us a call at 817-257-7121 and we'll do everything we can to accommodate your needs.
4. What if I want to use the equipment over the weekend?
- We allow equipment to be used off campus, but we do require you to come to offices to pick up the equipment. This will allow us to explain how to connect the equipment and offer any tips that will make your usage easier.
5. What's the longest I can keep the equipment?
- We allow equipment to be used on campus or off for weekend events.
- We allow equipment to be kept for 48 hours. In certain situations equipment can be kept for longer but these circumstances are based on equipment availability and class schedules.
Report A Problem
1. How do I report a problem with the classroom equipment?
2. What if the equipment fails and I need it now?
- If you experience a problem with the technology, please use the ReportAProblem link on our website. We will contact you with our solution once the problem has been corrected.
3. What if you cannot correct the problem?
- Just give us a call at 817-257-7121 and we'll do everything we can to correct the problem with minimal interruption. In most cases, our expect staff can correct the problem in less than 15 minutes.
4. What if the problem isn't with the technology?
- If we cannot correct the problem quickly, we will offer to set up temporary equipment to get you through your presentation.
- Problems with lighting, heating, shades, chairs, etc. should go to Physical Plant, but feel free to let us know and we will contact Physical Plant and inform them of the situation.
1. I want to bring in my personal laptop to use with the classroom systems, what do I need to do?
2. Can I bring in an iPad, iPod, or iPhone and use it in the classroom?
- Personal computers must be registered with the TCU Help Desk (located on the 2nd floor of the Library) in order to access the internet. Personal laptops will work with the systems as long as your computer has a VGA output. (please refer to your manufacturers website for more information). If your computer requires an adapter, you need to provide the adapter. If you don't have the necessary adapter, CIS may have a generic adapter that would work, but we can't make any guarantees.
3. Can I bring in my camcorder and show footage directly from it?
- Yes, but at this time, personal smart devices are not allowed network access. Connecting the device to the classroom system requires a special adapter that you will need to provide, CIS does not have those adapters in stock.
- Please contact our offices in advance and we will schedule a time to meet with you and review what can be done to make this happen.