Instructional Technology Services FAQ


1. How do I request a service?
  • Equipment should be ordered by using the Order Equipment link on our website. If we have any questions, we will contact you for more information.
2. What if I need the equipment NOW?
  • We realize things happen and you may find yourself in need of equipment immediately. Just give us a call at 817-257-7121 and we'll do everything we can to accomodate your needs..
3. What if I want to take the equipment off campus?
  • We allow equipment to be used off campus, but do require you to come to the offices to pick up the equipment. This will allow us to explain how to connect the equipment and offer any tips that will make your usage easier.
4. What if I want to take the equipment over the weekend?
  • We allow equipment to be used on campus or off campus for weekend events.
5. What's the longest I can keep the equipment?
  • We allow equipment to be kept for 48 hours. In certain situations, equipment can be kept for longer but these circumstances are based on equipment availability and class schedules.


1. How do I report a problem with the classroom equipment?
  • If you experience a problem with the technology, please use the ReportAProblem link on our website. We will contact you with our solution once the problem has been corrected.
2. What if the equipment fails and I need it now?
  • Contact us at 817-257-7121 and we'll do everything we can to correct the problem with minimal interuption. In most cases, our expert staff can correct the problem in less than 15 mins.
3. What if we cannot correct the problem?
  • If we cannot correct the problem quickly, we will offer to set up temporary equipment to get you through you presentation.
4. What if the problem isn't with the technology?
  • Problems with lighting, heating, shades, chairs, etc. should go to the Physical Plant, but feel free to let us know and we will contact the Physical Plant and inform them of the situation.


1. I want to bring my personal laptop to use with the classroom systems, what do I need to do ?
  • Personal computers must be registered with the TCU Help Desk (located on the 2nd floor of the Library) in order to access the internet. Personal laptops will work with the systems as long as your laptop has a VGA/HDMI output (please refer to your manufacturers website for more information). If your computer requires an adapter, you need to provide the adapter. CIS does not have adapters in stock.
2. Can I bring in an iPad, iPod or iPhone and use it in the classroom?
  • Yes, personal smart devices are allowed network access. Connecting the device to the classroom system requires a special adapter that you will need to provide.
3. Can I bring in my camcorder and show footage directly from it?
  • Please contact our offices in advance and we will schedule a time to meet with you and review what can be done to make this happen.